Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shopping Subconsciously

Do you ever wonder why you can not find your way out of a store. Well that is what the designers do to keep you looking and walking around the store for items. Well the other day I was at Target and this happened to me. I was lost and could not find my way out because everything looked the same and I am usually the one who remebers the way we come in a store especially a huge mall. This type of thing is made intionally to confuse the consumer. There was a study done in a grocery store. This study involved selling soup. The manager placed a sign on the soup, which said "SALE 79cents". Many shoppers did not pay any attention to this, buy when the manager added at the bottom limit 12 per person, there seemed to be a lot more activity at the stand of soup. Every time a shopper goes into the grocery store they are shopping subconsciously. I think that companies would do anything to get you to buy their product. For example, in advertising sometimes the product could have a minimual appearance in the ad.
A. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment